The Best La Jolla Homes Sold in 2022 (with pictures & prices!)
If you’re into architecture, interior design, landscaping, Zillow browsing, or you simply can’t get enough jaw-dropping homes you’re in the right place! From stunning ocean views to luxurious amenities appearing within a vast array of home styles, La Jolla has something for everyone. First-time home buyers and seasoned investors can discover a wealth of opportunities in this vibrant community along the coast. Come along with us as we explore our personal picks of the top homes sold in La Jolla last year in every price point from $750,000 to $15 million and discover why La Jolla is the real estate jewel of California in our book!
*Listing info & photos aggregated from RedFin, Zillow, and Trulia — if we made any errors or left out a gem please email us at info@LaJolla.com with the subject line “2022 Real Estate Recap Article” so we can make sure to get our facts straight if we got the wrong agent, price, or otherwise from those 3rd-party sites!
Table of Contents
Favorites From $1 – $3 Million
It’s no secret that La Jolla has some of the most enviable homes in San Diego County. In fact, celebrities and the mega-rich flock to La Jolla for real estate that screams value. Homes in La Jolla offer vibrant views, and they have major gravitas when it comes to nesting in an ultra-lux area. With its vibrant views and its safe neighborhood, buyers expect to pay top dollar. But, not all La Jolla homes sold are 10+ mill. Check out these homes that sold in the $1 – 3 million dollar range.
$1.1 Million: Cul-de-sac Canyon Custom
Address: 6595 Caminito Catalan, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Nicolas Feenberg!
- Unique, modern townhome located at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac and borders a peaceful wooded canyon
- 1,620 sqft – 2 bedrooms, 3 baths
- Newly remodeled with sophisticated upgrades, and customizations throughout
- Less than two miles from La Jolla Elementary, LJ High, and Muirlands Middle School
Just Under $1 Million: The Practical Pad
Address: 7550 Eads Ave Unit 109, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Maryl Weightman of BHS!
- You know you’ve arrived when you have more bathrooms than bedrooms.
- We’d have plenty of room with over 1400 sq. ft.
- Great location in a cool building built in the mid-1970s. The building has major potential for a modern facelift in the next 10 years.
- Walk Score® of 98/100 (Walker’s Paradise): Very close to the La Jolla Recreation Center, La Jolla Cove, all the shops in La Jolla Village, and also less than 2 blocks to Pavilions Grocery.
$1.8 Million: Hellow View! Hello Upside!
Address: 5639 Desert View Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Rancho Santa Fe Real Estate!
- Super funky design, house is dripping off the cliff!
- Endless San Diego County views.
- Extremely private entry
- Massive supply of homegrown pomegranates on the back deck.
- Huge upside in potential to modernize this house or make it our own.
$3 Million: Mid-Century Must Have!
Address: 2803 Inverness Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Darcy Delano Smith of Sotheby’s International Realty!
- Mid-century modern lovers rejoice: This Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired home goes all out!
- Super safe and peaceful location up above La Jolla Shores.
- Super easy highway access in & out, unlike much of La Jolla!
- Brilliant entry, water feature, and views of La Jolla and the ocean out back.
$3.9 Million: The Muirlands Mystery
Address: 1604 El Paso Real, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Sanjay Solomon!
- Quiet California Ranch Vibes away from the street in the highly coveted Muirlands neighborhood atop La Jolla
- Gorgeous pool sunken down the hill with casita / pool house for added space
- Great imagination refinishing graded backyard into pathways, playhouses, and a sports court
$3.3 Million: Sublime Spanish Split-Level
Address: 1559 El Paso Real, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Maxine Gellens & Marti J. Gellens-Stubbs!
- 3,205 square feet with 4 bedrooms and 3 baths
- Half-acre of majestic lushly landscaped grounds
- Stunning views overlooking the ocean and golf course
- Fully gated property tucked in a serene hillside setting
- Luxurious, resort-style living right in your backyard
$3.7 Million: Marvelous Modern With Rooftop Views
Address: 5666 Waverly Ave, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Ryan Mathys & Tracie Kersten!
- Striking modern design meets upscale traditional finishes
- Marvelous balance of ideal coastal Cali home
- Vaulted hemlock finish ceilings for a warm feel
- Primary suite awash in ocean views, romantic private balcony
- Rooftop and balcony offer showstopping views of downtown and the Pacific
$3.7 Million: Sophisticated Indoor-Outdoor Living
Address: 1920 Nautilus St, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Malena Suarez!
- 2,665 square feet with spacious 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths
- Recently updated with a sophisticated design that enhances its timeless essence and ideal single-level layout.
- Spectacular main living room with grand glass windows looking out into the outdoor area, this home is ideal for entertaining.
- Exquisite light-filled home features high ceilings, gourmet kitchen and elegantly integrated spaces
Favorites From $4 – $6 Million
As you might expect, $4 – $6 million can buy your own slice of personal heaven in La Jolla. But don’t take our word for it. Check out these La Jolla homes sold in this price range in 2022. You’ll see bedazzling views from every window, opulent swimming pools, sleek estates that ooze elegance, and so much more. No matter what your style, La Jolla has homes that can satisfy your every whim and desire.
$4.3 Million: Historical Beach-Close Charm
Address: 7118 Olivetas Ave, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Greg Noonan & Patrick Noonan!
- Historically-designated gem of La Jolla’s beloved Barber Tract
- Storybook charms with sensitive renovations
- Exceptionally large beach-close site with manicured private, quiet gardens
- Gorgeous hardwood floors and open beam tray ceiling opening through French doors to the gardens
- Highly sought-after location with significant Mills Act tax advantages.
$4.8 Million: Hillside Haven
Address: 7609 Hillside Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Peggy & Eric Chodorow!
- Any opportunity to include Hillside Drive is a must do!
- Extremely cool covered pool with views to the south of La Jolla Shores and the ocean.
- The most “extra” luxury bathroom we’ve seen yet.
- Beautiful gardens in a graded backyard.
- This house reeks of ocean views and exclusivity!
$4.8 Million: A Rare Residential Gem
Address: 1380 Park Row, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Brett J. Lewis & Tracie Kersten!
- Classic Thomas Shepherd Mid-Century Modern
- In the heart of the Village of La Jolla
- 3,908 square feet with 5 bedrooms, 5 baths, and 2 kitchens sitting on a double lot
- Walk Score® of 88/100 – walk to everything the Village has to offer
- A rare residential gem in a highly coveted neighborhood
$5 Million: Mere Baby Steps to the Beach
Address: 6611 Neptune Pl, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Linda Daniels!
- 2,596 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths upstairs
- Full kitchen and living room upstairs
- Who cares about all that – did you see the view?
- Only baby steps from the beach.
- This beach home also features additional 1 bedroom and 2 bath downstairs with kitchenette and separate living room with private entrance.
$5.1 Million: Circular Sensation
Address: 1895 Spindrift Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037
- Sold by Susana Corrigan & Patty R Cohen!
- Uncommon circular design and striking architecture begs a second look from passers-by
- Panoramic views through epic walls of glass
- Ridiculously close to the beach, tennis club, restaurants, shopping and more.
- Mesmerizing views of the ocean bluff – the perfect home for entertaining.
- 4,828 square feet, 5 bedrooms, and 5 baths