These San Diego Road Closures Are Happening in April (Mid-Coast Trolley Project)
San Diego’s Mid-Coast Trolley Project started its final phase on Friday, April 16, 2021, initiating detours and road closures throughout the city.
Keep San Diego Moving, the information station for TransNet, explains that the new trolley service, once opened, will run from the Santa Fe Depot in Downtown San Diego to the University Community area.
This track will enable the trolley to service popular San Diego hubs such as:
- Old Town
- UC San Diego
- University Town Centre
- Mission Bay Park
- VA Medical Center
Construction started on the Mid-Coast Trolley in fall 2016, adding nine new stations by the time it gets completed.
Here are the road closures expected, as reported by Sandag.org:
- April 16 through April 17: Southbound Genesee Avenue, from Campus Point to Eastgate Mall
- April 18 through April 19: Southbound Genesee Avenue from Eastgate Mall to La Jolla Village Drive
- April 19 through April 20: Genesee Avenue and La Jolla Village Drive intersection
- April 20 through April 21: Southbound Genesee Avenue from La Jolla Village Drive to Nobel Drive
- April 21 through April 22: Northbound Genesee Avenue from Nobel Drive to La Jolla Village Drive
- April 22 through April 23: Northbound Genesee Avenue from La Jolla Village Drive to Eastgate Mall
- April 25 through April 26: Northbound Genesee Avenue from Eastgate Mall to Regents Road
All closures will start at 8 p.m. on the first date and end at 5 p.m. the following day.
Once completed, though, the new trolley line will be an awesome accomplishment for the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG), as it is one of the largest infrastructure projects in San Diego’s history.
Banner photo by @ucpbytara on Instagram.
[mv_create key=”11″ layout=”circles” thumbnail=”https://lajolla.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/torrey-pines-blacks-beach-cliffs-2.jpg” title=”Our Best Of La Jolla…” type=”list”]