No Comic-Con Badge? Here Are Some Things You Can Still Do
The country’s most iconic pop culture and comic book festival is here. And even if you have no Comic-Con Badge this year, there are still plenty of interesting events that you can check out.
This time of year, Comic-Con takes over downtown San Diego, from the Convention Center to the Gaslamp Quarter. Badges to the event are in high demand — which means that many comic books fans are being left with no Comic-Con Badge.
Not to worry, however. Here are some fun events that you can still participate in with no Comic-Con Badge, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Things to Do With No Comic-Con Badge
- Adult Swim Festival on the Green: This event, which takes place between Thursday, July 20, through Saturday, July 22, brings together comedy, games, live music and more.
- Comic-Con Museum: This Balboa Park museum is upping the ante for Comic-Con this year with new exhibits dedicated to Stan Lee and Cowboy Bebop.
- Sonic Speed Cafe: The Sonic Speed Cafe is a pop-up restaurant serving up Sonic the Hedgehog-inspired food and goodies — perfect for those hungry folks with no Comic-Con badge.
- Hulu Animayhem: This event will see fans put into the worlds of their favorite TV shows, from The Simpsons and Family Guy to Solar Opposites and Bob Burger’s.
- Petco Park Interactive Zone: This event, located in the home of San Diego baseball, features pop-up from comic book and pop culture companies throughout the convention.
- Her Universe Geek Couture: Her Universe founder and actress Ashley Eckstein is returning with her annual fashion show, which marries nerd culture with fashion design in a stunning runway experience.
- Comic-Con at the Library: As it typically does, the San Diego Public Library is hosting a plethora of free comic book-themed events, from comic creation workshops to superhero story time.
As you can see, even if you have no Comic-Con badge, you can still have tons of fun during the annual convention.