Kids are FREE for October Only: Sea World, Belmont Park, and 100+ More San Diego Attractions
During the month-long Kids Free October celebration, your little ones will be treated to free admission at attractions, meals on the house, and tons of other great perks throughout the city. Enjoy more than 100 partner offers –as well as warm fall weather without the summer crowds! There’s big fun waiting for kids, with savings that parents will love. Explore below and plan your perfect trip to San Diego this October.
Kids Free Admission
Note: exact ages included in the promotion may vary for each attraction; check website for details before you go.
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Belmont Park (play and ride for free)
- Empress Hotel (free Kids’ Welcome Gift, $25 value)
- Bike & Kayak Tours of La Jolla (ride for free)
- Balboa Park Museums:
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Man
- Timken Museum
- Mingei International Museum
- Fleet Science Center (Galleries only)
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Marston House Museum & Gardens
- San Diego Natural History Museum (Nat)
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Veterans Museum
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- San Diego SEAL Tours (ride free)
- San Diego Fly Rides (ride free)
- USS Midway Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
Kids Eat Free:
- The Shores Restaurant (La Jolla Shores Hotel)
- Sheraton La Jolla
- Embassy Suites San Diego/La Jolla
- Torreyana Grille (Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines)
- Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
- Free single-day admission kids ages 3-9
- Free Aquatica San Diego admission kids ages 3-9
- Eat for free at Breakfast with the Orcas and Dine With Killer Whales
- Free Dolphin interaction programs
San Diego Zoo Specials
- Children ages 11 and younger free admission (when accompanied by an adult with a valid form of entry).
- There are special activities happening both on weekdays and weekends throughout the month, as well!
- The Kids Free Special includes the Skyfari Aerial Tram
- For $5 extra, kids can also ride the Guided Bus Tour and the Kangaroo Bus.
HalGLOWeen on October 26, 27, and 28
From October 26-28, head to The Zoo for a colorfully creepy celebration from 5 to 8pm! The Zoo will be aglow with activities and entertainment: a DJ spinning spooktacular tunes for everyone to dance to among bursts of bubbles, acrobats, jugglers, a cupcake walk, and more. Kids are free for this event, and may wear costumes according to the guidelines posted on the HalGLOWeen website. Dr. Zoolittle has a special “creepy” show, and there is plenty of other festive family fun in store. For more information head to their website.
There are tons of other spots throughout San Diego that are offering special deals and activities in October, so be sure to keep checking the website for updated information!