Mexican Restaurant La Corriente Cevicheria Nais Landing in La Jolla
If you’re looking to eat delicious Mexican seafood, you’ll soon have a new spot in La Jolla dubbed La Corriente Cevicheria Nais.
The Mexico-based chain is well-known for its stylish restaurant and its extensive menu of amazing mariscos (seafood). It currently has restaurants across Mexico, including in San Diego’s southerly neighbor, Tijuana.
Some delicious options you might find at the restaurant include:
- A Shrimp Enchilado made Arabian-style with jocoque and lemon juice.
- A Pacific Tostada with slices of tuna and scallop topped with black salsa and serrano chiles.
- Pozole de Camaron, a version of the quintessential Mexican soup made with shrimp
- Ensenada-style fish tacos made with beer-battered fish, crema, and pice de gallo
- The “Taco Kalifornia,” a favorite that includes grilled shrimp inside of a chili pepper and topped with a delicious cheesy sauce.
Of course, as with most Mexican seafood restaurants, you’ll also find fresh ceviches and aguachiles, soups, main dishes, and more.
For the La Jolla location, Diego González told Eater San Diego that La Corriente Cevicheria Nais will likely serve a streamlined menu of favorite dishes alongside beer and wine to start.
Given San Diego’s location on the ocean and its mix of cultural influences, it may be hard for a newer restaurant to compete with the best seafood in San Diego. However, the restaurant will definitely a top contender for the list.
González told Eater that the San Diego outpost won’t be the restaurant’s last foray into the U.S. In fact, La Corriente Cevicheria Nais is planning to continue expanding into the U.S. with several more California locations to start.
The San Diego location will open in February in downtown La Jolla at 456 Pearl Street.
Media credit: Images courtesy of La Corriente Cevicheria Nais